Things I've Done A Lot Lately

|
1.
Pomplamoose! I discovered these guys (Jack & Natalie) about a year ago and thought they were boring and not my style at all. But I gave them a second chance and subscribed to them recently because of their "Single Ladies" cover. It's so happy and fun, and I love it. Natalie has a very unique voice and it is hard not to laugh when she is singing "Single Ladies" with a serious face and her style of singing. Jack has a beard (sometimes) and is a musical genius. Their harmonies make me melt. I like his accordion and baby piano. I downloaded all their free MP3s and have been listening to them on repeat for the past month. My day is so much better when they post a new song, like today.
2.
Memoirs of a Geisha. I haven't watched this movie or picked up the book in TOO LONG. Why haven't I watched this movie sooner? It is so good...oh my goodness. I'm having a hard time trying to find words that describe how much I love this movie and all the emotions and memories I have when I watch it. It's so sad, and mysterious, and beautiful. There are a lot of scenes where they show Hatsumomo or Sayuri standing in the rain/on a cliff/walking down the street, and the look on their face just scares the shit out of me. They look dead, or like aliens, or dead aliens.
3.
Knitting. I think I've made about ten hats since August. Barely any of them are wearable because it's been taking me a while to adjust things so they look nice/fit. I also run out of yarn easily. I had a thing of black yarn that was as big as a watermelon seriously. Now the end of it is dangling off of an unfinished hat I started last night. And it will never be done :( But I do have a blue hat and a black scarf that are wearable. Maybe I will make a yellow hat next because that is the only color I have left...
4.
Video games. I haven't played the Sims in a long long long long time. I don't miss it very much (GASP). I have been playing Mario Kart between classes and it's probably a bad idea because I get so stressed out playing it. The worst thing is when you're on the last course, the last lap, and there are five other guys behind you and you can see the finish line, you're almost there...and then that damn blue shell comes flying through the air and blows you up just one second away from the finish line and all the people behind you pass you and finish the race so you now come in eighth place when you should be in first. It gets intense. I also made a character on WoW. Don't judge me...I only play for like ten minutes a day and have no desire to reach some ridiculous level. It was just inevitable that this would happen.

And here is a picture I don't think I've posted anywhere yet because I like having things besides words on here:

1 Tell Me Things!:

Sebastian said...

You are too cool and awesome and I love you!!
From Jess